The Lien Writer™ Newsletter
Thursday, November 8th, 2018
THE LIEN WRITER® HELP FILE IS NOW ON THE INTERNET FOR ALL
We have begun posting the Lien Writer® Help file online for the benefit of our customers and every Building Construction Industry company needing to look up information on the Mechanic’s Lien laws for the USA, Canada, and the US Territories. The new website is located at:
and supplies all of the information found in the Help file of Lien Writer®. Let your customers know about the site so they look up what is needed to protect their interests in their jobs. It is accessible via your computer, tablet and cell phone. Check it out the site!
OPPS! ANOTHER NEW VERSION OF LIEN WRITER® ON OUR WEBSITE
Washington State has some new changes we needed to cover. The new 10.1.1.1 version of the program updates:
Washington State Mechanic’s Lien – Update to the Washington State Mechanic’s Lien form, additional changes to conform with new laws.
As always, it is just as simple. Download and upgrade your program (see below).
Keeping Up To Date With Lien Writer®
The current version on the street is our 10.1.1.1 version.
It is easy to update Lien Writer®:
1) If you are using a Lien Writer® version 188.8.131.52 or before, first run Lien Writer®, then go to Help / About Lien Writer and write down your version number and expiration date for verification;
2) Open your Internet or Google Explorer;
3) Go to our website at http://www.fwmsoftware.com/fwm-software-downloads/;
4) Click on Lien_Program_Installer v10.1.1.1;
5) The site will ask where you want the program to download. Put it in a directory location you want, or just download to the Desktop. Normally, it should take less than 5 minutes;
6) Once the program is downloaded, go to the directory site or the Desktop, and double-click on the Lien_Program_Installer v10.1.1.1. The program will begin installing and updating your data files;
7) If the former program was of the 10.x.x.x series, it will simply update. If your version is of the 184.108.40.206 series or less, it will install but you will need to get an update code. Call (530) 622-1344, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your new code;
8) A WARNING ON USING LIEN WRITER® VERSIONS PRIOR TO 10.x.x.x. THESE PROGRAMS ARE OUTMODED AND IN SOME CASES HAVE ILLEGAL AND OUTDATED FORMS. PLEASE UPDATE IMMEDIATELY;
9) Once you update, just use the program as you have always used it
You can contact someone to discuss any newsletter subject:
Address: FWM Software
705 Pleasant Valley Road
Diamond Springs, CA 95619
On-Line Help: https://www.lienwriterhelp.com