The Lien Writer® Newsletter
Thursday, December 6th, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTICE BELOW!
The next version of Lien Writer® planned for release will be the 10.1.1.2 version which should hit the streets the week of December 31st, 2018. This version will have a number of minor State revisions plus a new update of our Lien Writer® Help File. When announced, just pick up the upgrade at our website (see below).
LIEN WRITER® ON-LINE HELP
As a service to the entire Building Construction Industry we have put our Lien Writer® Help File at a new website of www.lienwriterhelp.com. This website is our Lien Writer® Help File released for use by the general public and as a convenience for our customers. The Help File also contains valuable information on all of the Mechanic’s Lien laws for the 50 U.S. States, 11 Canadian Provinces and the U.S. Territories for Public, Private and for Federal Jobs. We have provided this on-line service for the benefit of our customers, who may be away from their office programs in the field, and for the benefit of everyone in the Building Construction Industries, including your customers, who may need some information on doing Mechanic’s Lien paperwork themselves.
Spread the word. The website www.lienwriterhelp.com is available for everyone’s use at no charge. If they want the required Mechanic’s Lien forms to use themselves, tell them they will have to buy Lien Writer®.
On Friday, December 7th, 2018, we will be online at Amazon.com with our Lien Writer® product line. This means that anyone needing to purchase Lien Writer®, or order upgrades or additional licenses of our products, can order them any time via www.amazon.com. Tell your friends, customers and associates. Just look up Lien Writer®.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON UPGRADING FROM 22.214.171.124 AND PRIOR VERSIONS
In our last newsletter we wrote to clients about the importance of upgrading from any version of Lien Writer® 126.96.36.199 and before. These versions are now simply too outdated to continue to use, and it is easy to update (see below). Using old, out of date software is not worth the risk to your construction jobs. To solve the problem, just call us!
We are aware that Golden Omega Software made a claim they were going to be offering a new Version 12 of the Lien Writer®software, which they are calling i-Lien, on December 1st, 2018. Well, December 1st, 2018 has come, and gone, and Golden Omega Software is still not selling their claimed Version 12. We personally do not believe they have a new version of the program to offer since they have been promising a new release since September of 2018. We know they do not have a current version of our source code and we know they cannot make another program current with the laws of the land. Further, this product belongs to us.
Our current software version of Lien Writer® is Trademarked. Action is planned against Golden Omega Software, and we encourage you to cease using these old versions of Lien Writer®, as hundreds of other companies have done. It is not worth your time to lose your program for non-compliance or get caught up in a Trademark action.
Anyone with questions on getting the latest update should call us for help (see below). The cost to current users upgrading from the old 188.8.131.52 and before versions is currently free to any registered user of the program, but this will cease on December 31st, 2018.
KEEPING UP TO DATE WITH LIEN WRITER®
The current version on the street is our 10.1.1.1 version.
It is easy to update Lien Writer®:
- If you are using a Lien Writer®version 184.108.40.206 or before, first run Lien Writer®, then go to Help / About Lien Writer and write down your version number and expiration date for verification;
- Open your Internet or Google Explorer;
- Go to our website at http://www.fwmsoftware.com/fwm-software-downloads/;
- Click on Lien_Program_Installer v10.1.1.1;
- The site will ask where you want the program to download. Put it in a directory location you want, or just download to the Desktop. Normally, it should take less than 5 minutes;
- Once the program is downloaded, go to the directory site, or the Desktop, and double click on the Lien_Program_Installer v10.1.1.1. The program will begin installing and updating your data files;
- If the former program was of the 10.x.x.xseries, it will simply update. If your version is of the 220.127.116.11series or less, it will install but you will need to get a update code. Call (530) 622-1344,or write us at email@example.com to receive your new code;
- A WARNING ON USING LIEN WRITER® VERSIONS PRIOR TO 10.x.x.x. THESE PROGRAMS ARE OUTMODED AND IN SOME CASES HAVE ILLEGAL AND OUTDATED FORMS. PLEASE UPDATE IMMEDIATELY;
- Once you update, just use the program as you have always used it
You can contact someone to discuss any newsletter subject:
Address: FWM Software
705 Pleasant Valley Road
Diamond Springs, CA 95619
On-Line Help: https://www.lienwriterhelp.com